Monday, January 14, 2013

2012 Display

A few photos from this year's display. 
I had to put them up high to keep them out of little hands, and then build an extra shelf in my window sill to fit everything!  The bottom level is the town, and then the top shelf is the countryside, althought both are so crowded that the whole "peaceful village" look didn't really take. 

 The town center.
 
Countryside up top.



This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.  And it was fun this year to show my kids.  They loved the village as much as I did.  I often caught them climbing up to the kitchen counter to look at everything, rearrange the people, etc.  (Although the barn and one of the ice skaters did not survive the extra attention!  I had to glue the barn back together before I put the houses away for the year!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    So happy i found this site. I also love this village. I have been painting them for over 15 years and try to add every year. Finding them is getting hard and trying to win them on ebay is hard now for me. So was hoping to find someone who is winning to sell extra town pieces that you might have, painted or not. Willing to pay for the right price.
    Love this site and hope to see more.
    Hope to hear from anyone who collects this type of village, my email is buckleman1@yahoo.com
    james

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I too began my collection when I was 16. I am now 47 and have 45 painted village houses. The village has become my sons favorite part of the Christmas decorations and love showing their friends who are always amazed that the entire village was hand painted. I have recently seen the houses noted as "vintage", actually pretty funny but I have had the collection for thirty years. I'm not sure how to post a photo but will try. Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to paint these years ago and loved them. What I am hearing from everyone is that you can only get them on ebay, which I hate using and they cost more money then they should. Does anyone have any ideas as to where we might be able to buy them, they use to be a kit that came with all the paints and glitter. I sure would like to start painting them again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. youtube4k YouTube5k YouTube Videos - Vimeo
    Videos on YouTube4k YouTube videos are the most popular videos for playing free youtube to mp3 music video games and puzzles for the Sega Genesis. This free video game is the

    ReplyDelete